Resources for CHWs/Promotores
The National CHW Training Center provides certification and continuing education classes in-person and online. For in-person trainings, we post handouts and resources afterwards for attendees to view and download later.
Additionally, CHW conference opportunities are listed below.
Handouts & Materials
Please select a training from the list below to access the materials:
- March 26, 2018. Edinburg, Texas.
- Dejar de fumar: La llave para una vida más saludable.
- July 22, 2017. Corpus Christi, Texas.
Practical Tips for Getting It D.O.N.E. (Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise)
- February 13, 2017. Harlingen, Texas.
Smiles for Life Oral Health Curriculum
- June 24, 2015. Houston, Texas.
CHWs Embracing a New Approach with Hispanic LGBTQ Youth
CHWs & Hispanic LGBTQ Youth – English Presentation Slides
- June 8 – 9, 2015. McAllen, Texas.
Educacion y Politica + HidalgoFIT
Educacion y Politica + HidalgoFIT Presentation Slides
- September 29, 2014. Arlington, Texas.
Ways to Prevent Falls and Related Injuries in Older Adults: The Role of Fall Prevention & Learning Skills to Reduce Falls and Related Injuries
Fall Prevention Handouts – Session 1
Fall Prevention Handouts – Session 2
- July 31 – August 1, 2014. El Paso, Texas.
Consejos Practicos para Conseguirlo Hecho (DONE – Diabetes, Obesidad, Nutricion, Ejercicio)
DONE Presentation Slides
Please revisit periodically for most current information:
- 12th Annual CHW Conference
Texas Gulf Coast CHW/Promotores Association
April 13, 2018
- 2018 Community Health Worker Conference
Northeast Texas Community Health Worker Coalition
July 13, 2018