CHW/Promotor(a) & Instructor Training Resources
The National Community Health Worker Training Center provides certification and continuing education classes in-person and online.
Listed below are training materials and resources used and promoted by the NCHWTC.
- Tab 1: In-Person/Zoom Training Materials for NCHWTC Trainings
- Tab 2: Vision y Compromiso Conference Presentation, Resources and Materials
- Tab 3: 2020 1st Virtual Texas Association Promotores & Community Health Workers (TAPCHW) Conference Presentation, Resources and Materials
- Tab 4: Tobacco Cessation Training Materials & Resources
- Tab 5: ACTION (Breast, Cervical, Colorectal, Liver, and Lung Cancer) Training Materials & Resources
- Tab 6: DONE Training Materials & Resources
- Tab 7: National CHW Networks & Resources
Friday, October 2, 2020 | Vision y Compromiso | Promotores de Salud: Trabajadores Esenciales Sobreviviendo a una Pandemia
Resources for Community Health Worker Training
Recursos para el taller de promotores de Salud
Plan de Contingencia
- Healthy People 2030 Objectives for Tobacco Use
- Enhancing Motivation for Change in Substance Abuse Treatment: Chapter 3—Motivational Interviewing as a Counseling Style/Article: click here!
- Clinical Motivational Interview for Smoking Cessation: Smoking as Normative Behavior/VIDEO: click here!
- Tobacco smoking and COVID-19 infection/Article in PDF: click here!
- Smokeless Tobacco: Health Effects/CDC website: click here!
- Stopping Tobacco Use After a Cancer Diagnosis/ PDF: click here!
- Secondhand Smoke Infographics: click here!
- Thirdhand smoke infographics: click here!
- Smokefree Text Messaging Programs:
- SmokefreeTXT: click here!
- SmokefreeMOM: click here!
- SmokefreeVET: click here!
- DipfreeTXT/designed for young adults who are trying to quit smokeless tobacco: click here!
Breast Cancer Resources (Recursos sobre el cáncer de mama)
- The Community Guide: CHW’s / Community Preventive Services Task Force/ website: click here!
- Breast Cancer/ Resources to Share/CDC Breast cancer Podcasts: click here!
- All about breast cáncer/website American Cancer society/ ENG: click here!
- Tender Loving Care/ website/ providing wigs and other hair loss products (plus how-to information), as well as mastectomy products, all at affordable prices.
- Website: click here!
- Call Toll Free Anytime 1-800-850-9445
- Patient Education Materials for Professionals/ Cancer Fact Sheets/ front-and-back PDF flyers offer easy-to-read information about common cancers: click here!
- Community Preventive Services Task Force/flyer: click here!
- Special Report: COVID-19’s Impact on Breast Cancer Care/ Article: Breastcancer.org: click here!
- Where do I go if I am uninsured or have a low income?/ Access to Cancer Care by Texas County – Where can I get care? Website: click here!
- GENETIC RISK EVALUATION AND TESTING PROGRAM/Find a location participating in the Genetic Risk Evaluation and Testing program close to you. Website Texas oncology: click here!
- The 10 THINGS TO KNOW ABOUT BRCA GENES. Texas oncology website: click here!
- Breast Care in the Time of Coronavirus (COVID-19)/website University of California San Francisco: click here!
- Task Force Expands BRCA Genetic Testing Recommendations; More Women Will Be Referred for Counseling and Testing/ARTICLE: click here!
- VIDEO GALLERY: BIOPSY/The oncology Institute of hope and innovation/VIDEOS: click here!
- Understanding Breast Cancer/VIDEO Medical Animation: click here!
- Breast Cancer Progression and Staging/Video Medical animation: click here!
More resources coming soon! Nov. 2020
English: (Monday) Nov 2- (Friday) Nov 6 at 5PM
The National CHW Training Center will be offering our 8.0 CEU DSHS certified CHW/Promotor(a) Training: Practical Tips for Getting it DONE – “Diabetes, Obesity, Nutrition, Exercise.” We’re still making it interactive and are are looking forward to seeing you there!
Register for all days using Eventbrite. Event is FREE and sponsored by NRHA.
Zoom invitation will be shared to all registered trainees on Monday. Instructional video on how to use Zoom on your phone: click HERE.
FOR DONE RESOURCES, CLICK HERE!
Español: (lunes) 9 de noviembre – (viernes) 13 de noviembre a las 5PM
El National CHW Training Center ofrecerá nuestra capacitación sobre Zoom, 8.0 CEUs certificada por DSHS: Capacitación de CHW/Promotor(a): Consejos prácticos para hacerlo (DONE) – “Diabetes, Obesidad, Nutrición, Ejercicio”. ¡Seguimos haciéndolo interactivo y estamos deseando verte allí!
Regístrate todos los días con Eventbrite. El evento es GRATIS y patrocinado por NRHA.
La invitación de Zoom se compartirá con todos los aprendices registrados el lunes.
Video instructivo sobre cómo usar Zoom en su teléfono: AQUI!
National CHW Networks & Resources
“The CHW Section has adopted the following definition of a community health worker: A community health worker is a frontline public health worker who is a trusted member of and/or has an unusually close understanding of the community served. This trusting relationship enables the worker to serve as a liaison/link/intermediary between health/social services and the community to facilitate access to services and improve the quality and cultural competence of service delivery.” Click HERE to learn more!
“The C3 Project’s Primary Aims are to expand cohesion in the field and to contribute to the visibility and greater understanding of the full potential of Community Health Workers (CHWs) to improve health, community development, and access to systems of care. Importantly, the C3 Project offers a single set of CHW roles and competencies for reference by those both inside and outside the field as they work to build greater support for and sustainability among CHWs in all settings.” Click HERE to learn more!
“Community Health Workers united nationally to support communities in achieving health, equity and social justice.” Click HERE to learn more!
There is power in numbers. Reach out and get involved!
See a resource missing? Or, want us to feature additional information on a specific topic? Let us know!