About the Center
The CCHD’S National CHW Training Center (NCHWTC) is a Texas Department of State Health Services (DSHS) certified Community Health Worker (CHW) Training Center. The Training Center is housed within the Center for Community Health Development (CCHD), part of the Texas A&M University Health Science Center School of Public Health.
Vision Statement: Strengthening capacity and building healthier communities through training well-equipped CHWs/promotores.
Our Four Areas of Focus
- Research and Evaluation
- Curriculum Development
- Technical Assistance
CHW Trainings Offered
- 160-hour CHW Certification Course
- CHW CEUs
- 160 contact hour CHW Instructor Course
- CHW Instructor CEUs
Click here for a list of Certified CEUs Available.
The NCHWTC Staff
Director: Katy Nimmons, CHWI, M.Sc., MPH
Instructor: Dinorah Martinez, CHW, CHWI
Instructor: Paula Saldana, CHW, CHWI
Our Trainings and Training Material
- Available in Spanish and English
- Include agendas, lesson plans, handouts, activities, and module evaluation forms
- Available in online and in-person formats
- Provided twice yearly and also upon request